Cherehani Africa provides credit bundled with financial education and market information to women who own micro-enterprises in rural areas. Our mission is to build Thriving Communities. We believe that empowering rural Africa’s enterprising women is critical to stimulating our economies and building stronger communities.
The Software Engineer builds and extends Cherehani’s backend and frontend architecture to support new features and our growing customer base. The Software Engineer works with the team towards building a reliable, scalable and performant platform. The Software Engineer follows and improves upon Cherehani’s engineering processes and standards while advancing Cherehani’s mission and business objectives.
This is a technical leadership role within Cherehani’s technical track. You will collaborate cross-functionally with all Cherehani teams.
What you will do
- Design and implement features as defined in the Product roadmap
- Collaborate and support with cross functional teams to ship scalable software solutions
- Continually improve our code base with clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology
- Contribute to the testing infrastructure to increase code coverage for backend modules
- Advance monitoring and alerting capabilities to allow proactive improvements to availability and response times
- Technically lead and mentor a team of Software Engineers to build/extend complex modules
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 3+ years coding in the following languages/frameworks: Angular, PHP, Python and Java(Android)
- Developed and launched applications on Cloud infrastructure (Azure)
- Expert knowledge in REST API design and development for mobile/web use
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL or MS SQL)
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a plus.
Application Deadline: 30/11/2020
Send your resume to email@example.com and attach a cover letter.
Subject (Email): Software Engineer